The Darling Downs South-West (DDSW) Region Project and Transmission Team has formed BEST working parties across parts of the DDSW region, the aim of which is to build cooperative and productive relationships between schools, industry, and business.
The projects developed by the BEST committees are designed to achieve the following outcomes:
Education – increase knowledge of careers and career pathways including an understanding of workplace expectations and culture.
Skills Development – provide workplace-relevant learning, skills, and development opportunities.
Career Pathways – collaborate with industry, schools and stakeholders to identify, develop and promote career pathways and employment projects and opportunities.
Attraction, Retention, Recruitment, Local Economy Promotion:
• Build a sustainable workforce
• Become an employer of choice
• Establish businesses’ needs and expectations
• Grow the local economy
• Build productive relationships with schools in your region
• Attract and retain staff
Local Industry Involvement Through:
• Chamber of Commerce
• Group Training Organisations
• Registered Training Organisations
• Australian Apprenticeship Support Networks
• Business and Industry Associations
• LGA Council Economic Development Officers
The aim of a BEST information session is to garner community interest as well as commitment in setting up a BEST group in Chinchilla. The information session will cover:
• BEST Mission Statement
• Career Pathways
• Skills Development
Framework and commitment – BEST Chinchilla
• Committee members – monthly meetings
• Representatives from business, students, school & community
• Improve career development for Year 10-12 students
• Key focus on preparing year 12 students for entering workforce
• Better understanding between schools & business to shape educational programs/li>
• Improve local post-school employment outcomes for the youth of Chinchilla
• Expansion of the “taste a trade” scheme to also include non-trade professions
• Other business readiness skills, such as resumes and employer expectations
• All industries throughout the Chinchilla economy
Proudly partnering with Australia Pacific LNG/Origin
Proud supporters of the local Chinchilla Community.